10 May What is a Baby Shower? What Essentials Do You Need? Here Are 8 Baby Shower Must-Haves, Including Games, Invites, Baby Shower Packs and More!
Celebrating the imminent arrival of a little one is fast becoming a tradition among expectant mums. Throwing a baby shower is a great way for the mum-to-be to catch up with her closest friends and family before the baby is born.
Whether you are organising your own celebration, or throwing a surprise party for your friend or sister, you need to remember so many things for a baby shower. Luckily, this post is jam packed with lovely ideas!
First of All, What is a Baby Shower?
A baby shower is a party thrown for a mother-to-be, where closest friends and family gather for a delightful afternoon of celebration. The guests shower the expectant mum with lots of love and attention as well as playing baby-themed games, giving new baby presents and perhaps enjoying a tea party with cakes and party food.
For the expectant mum, it’s also a fabulous opportunity to maybe even announce the baby’s gender ahead of the birth. There are lots of tiny details to remember when organising things for a baby shower, hopefully our list will give you lots of adorable inspiration on invites, games, confetti, mum-to-be sashes and more!
When to Have a Baby Shower?
This will depend on the expectant mother’s preference, but baby showers are normally held between 30 and 38 weeks – any later and the party might have a surprise guest!
1. Invites Are Top of the List of Things for a Baby Shower. Choose from Gorgeous Styles and Beautiful Personalised Designs
Whether you are throwing a surprise baby shower for your friend or planning your own, there will be so many special people at the top of the guest list. Ensure they save the special date with this adorable range of baby shower girl invites and invitations for baby boy showers.
- Announce your very special occasion with the help of a cute children’s story featuring the adorable Little Nut Brown Hare and ‘Guess How Much I Love You’ invitations.
- Nothing says “shower” like these pretty cloud-shaped baby shower girl invites from Ginger Ray’s Hello World Collection.
- Make your shower decidedly different with these stunning keepsake personalised invitations.
- Choose a picture perfect style and add your scan to the invitation for a charming touch – a heart-warming design which is available in both pink and blue.
2. Baby Showers in the UK Would Not Be Complete Without Some Fun Baby Games!
Baby shower games will put everyone in the party spirit, and of course, what is a baby shower without party games? We have hand picked some great games which will have your guests in giggles right from the word go!
- Play Baby Shower Bingo to welcome your little prince or princess or even to reveal the gender of your baby to your loved ones!
- Get everyone giggling with a game of Where’s the dummy? If you are looking for unusual baby shower ideas, your guests will love the twist on this classic party game! This game is also available in pink and blue if gender has already been revealed.
- Who Knows Mum Best? Find out with this cute quiz all about the mum-to-be!
- Remember there are plenty of free baby shower party games ideas too, including Guess the Baby’s Weight or Name.
``Nice little childish game for a bunch of giggly adults. Had a great baby shower with everyone enjoying this very easy game!`` M.T.C (Where's the Dummy?)
3. From Paper Plates and Napkins to Tablecloths, Have Some Fun with Your Table Décor with These Perfect Baby Shower Packs
If you have decided on a date of when to have a baby shower, it is time to think party supplies. From plates to balloons and confetti, you will want to make the day as magical as can be!
These baby shower packs containing lots of decorations and tableware will give you a cute and coordinated party theme!
This gender neutral essential set of tableware would look lovely on display when your guest arrive. The adorable theme will blend nicely with any decorations you choose too!
What’s, more this basic pastels tableware set is super affordable, especially if you are having a small gathering with your very closest friends.
4. What is a Baby Shower Without a Room Full of Lovely Decorations?
The right decorations really give your party the atmosphere you want. To save you time, we have put together some of the best baby shower party decorations. Pretty up your party or reveal your baby’s gender with designs in pink and blue.
- Boy or girl? Have some fun and surprise your guests with these gender reveal decorations.
- Welcome the pitter-patter of pretty little feet with this confetti.
- Display your cupcakes with pride on a pink or blue cake stand.
- Add to the fun with these pastel pink and blue balloons. Although, if you are looking for something a little more colourful, these balloons are just the ticket!
5. Say Cheese! Picture Perfect Photo Props Are a Must-Have on Your List of Things for a Baby Shower!
Hand out these photo props to your guests for extra fun in your family album. Guests can pose with baby items and funny speech-bubbles for hilarious photo fun. Choose from:
6. Remember New Baby Presents to Say “Welcome to the World Little One!”
As well as being a celebration, a baby shower can help make things easier for harried new parents by allowing guests to provide them with useful baby items. These new baby presents will warm everyone’s heart.
Baby boy presents and baby presents ideas for girls include stuffed toys and cute baby clothes in boy or girl designs.
If you are looking for lots of little things to make up a gorgeous baby hamper full of baby boy presents and baby girl gifts– a selection of soothing lotions and baby-soft soap make perfect baby shower hamper ideas.
For unique baby gifts girls and boys will love looking back on in years to come, choose these milestone cards designed to celebrate and record the new baby’s achievements.
7. Treat the Mum-To-Be with This Fabulous Range of Baby Shower Presents for Mum
Like new baby presents, baby shower gifts for mum show you care. As well as baby presents ideas for the new arrival, there’s nothing like a thoughtful gift to let the new mum know you’re thinking about her too. Make a new mum’s day with brilliant gifts for baby showers in the UK and everywhere else!
Baby shower presents for mum can start with this slinky sash to make the mum-to-be feel extra special during the celebrations.
This Miffy party guest book would be a delightful gift and fabulous keepsake to present the new mum with, especially if it is already filled with well wishes and kind words.
These Mummy Milestone cards are great fun and will help the new mum document her own journey after her little bundle of joy enters the world!
Encourage the new Mum to put her feet up for some well-earned rest with this luxury comfort sock set.
8. Finally, If You Are the Mum-To-Be, These Cards Are the Perfect Way to Thank Your Guests for Attending or Gifting You With New Baby Presents
Whether you are thanking your friends and family for making your baby shower so special, or perhaps looking for a charming way to thank them for their kind gifts, these stunning cards are perfect.
Pick this lovely set of Miffy cards for a simple yet endearing way to express your gratitude to your party guests.
What’s more, if you would like to stick with the ‘Guess How Much I Love You’ theme, these cards are the ideal choice.
Baby showers are a fairly new tradition in the UK, but we hope we have answered your question ‘what is a baby shower’? Celebrating the arrival of a new addition to the world is an exciting and momentous occasion so make sure you have all the things for a baby shower ready to mark the event.
Finally, if you are looking for inspiration for new baby presents make sure you check out the whole range of adorable organic cotton baby toys and accessories!