23 Mar 24 Must-Have List of Beach Items. If You Are Planning a Staycation or a Family Day at the Beach You Will Love these Seaside Games, Pop Up Beach Shelters and More!
Summer is coming and it’s time prepare your things for the beach! Whether you are enjoying a picnic, building sandcastles or devouring an ice cream, spending a day at the seaside with family and friends is the perfect way to relax.
However, packing stuff for the beach, especially when you have little ones, can be rather stressful. Luckily, we have put together a bumper beach holiday packing list to help!
You Will Need Protective Things for a Day Out at the Beach! So Stock Up on These Essentials…
1. Suncream – First and foremost. Ideally, you will need a high factor to protect your children. Remember to apply this at regular intervals, especially after your kids come out of the water.
2. First Aid Kits – Come to the rescue of bumps, cuts and bruises and earn a reputation for being super-organised with one of these lightweight and practical small first aid kits.
3. A Beach Windbreaker – Beaches in Britain are often rather windy, but this windbreak means that you can shelter from the strongest gusts and enjoy a picnic without sand blowing everywhere.
This compact beach windbreaker is surprisingly lightweight and features steel poles that simply snap together so it can be erected quickly and easily.
What’s more, if you are camping near the beach in Cornwall or Devon for example, you will be able to pitch this wind breaker at the campsite too!
4. Pop Up Tents – This small pop up tent is an innovative piece of family equipment that is sure to become a firm favourite of stuff for the beach!
Available in either blue, red or yellow stripes, the beach tent packs flat for storage and simply pops up to make your own beach hut! You just need sand to fill the pockets to secure the pop up shelter in place.
It Takes Less Than 20 Seconds to Set Up a Beach Tent - Watch Now
If you are looking for something a little different, your kids will love these unique VW camper van style pop up beach shelters, which are available in blue, pink and red. Better still the pop up tent comes with a handy carry case and is simple for mums and dads to pitch at the campsite or on the beach!
What’s more, you will be pleased to hear that you can currently save £5 on this stylish design.
Both beach hut tents offer UV protection for extra peace of mind.
Warm and Protective Seaside Clothing is Top of the List of Beach Items
7. Wetsuits – Especially if you are planning a beach holiday in England and the water is a little chilly for your tiny tots!
8. Swimming costumes
9. Base layers and long-sleeved t-shirts – When the sun is at its highest in the day, it’s important to cover up your children’s shoulders.
10. Beach shoes – You will need something to protect those tiny toes! It’s also worth taking a comfortable pair of shoes as well as flip flops in case you have far to walk from the car park, or pushing the pram along the promenade.
11. Fleece sweaters – Just in case the weather turns nippy as the evening draws in.
Entertain Little Ones (and Big Kids) for Hours With These Awesome Seaside Games
While adults may be content to lie down and soak up the sunshine, little ones often prefer active seaside games so packing stuff for the beach to keep them amused is essential.
13. Flying Ring – This awesome toy is currently available in blue, pink and yellow and is perfect for carefree family beach games that epitomise the meaning of summer.
Bonus: The Flying Ring is thin and flat so doesn’t take up much storage space in your car.
14. Rocket Ball – This brightly coloured and super aerodynamic ball is in the shape of a space rocket and that will provide hours of exercise and entertainment for kids, energetic adults and possibly dogs! This fun game is great value as it can also be used in the garden or park after school too.
16. Fishing Net – A fishing net or two should also be included for catching crabs and shrimps. Don’t panic if you forget them as they are often available at nearby beach shops and are inexpensive.
From Picnic Cool Bags to Wicker Hampers Here is Everything You Need to Enjoy a Beach or Campsite Picnic in Style!
17. Cool bags and picnic baskets – This 4 person fitted backpack in brown is functional and cool with a surprising amount of room for everything you need for an al fresco meal, including 4 wine glasses.
This bestselling 4 person green tweed fitted picnic basket will lend a traditional vibe to lunch and contains everything you need for a picnic, including:
- A zipped chiller compartment
- China plates
- Salt and pepper
- Picnic blanket
- Wine glasses
- Bottle opener and cutlery
18. Picnic Sets – Take a look at these beautiful collections including melamine picnic plates – each with beautiful patterns. Their quality is outstanding, and they will undoubtedly be used time and time again.
19. Wet wipes – For those inevitable delicious, but extra sticky ice-cream situations!
20. Bottles of water – Making sure you have enough bottles of water is really important as people can dehydrate quickly on a hot summer’s day.
21. A picnic blanket – This soft luxury fleece picnic blanket features a waterproof backing to make sitting on the beach that little bit more comfortable.
22. A Thermos flask – If the breeze picks up, you will be so glad you packed one of these filled with hot chocolate or tea.
Lugging Everything to the Beach Might be a Challenge, But These Funky Beach Bags Will Put a Smile Back on Your Face!
23. Backpacks – When packing for a family day out, you will probably need more than one bag to carry everything you need. This Urban backpack is great as it looks cool, allows you to carry more bags in each hand and even comes with a handy sports bottle.
The Triple B Basic beach bag is stylish and roomy, all the qualities you need in a beach bag. For those of you who are conscious about protecting the environment, you will be pleased to know that these are actually made from upcycled UK deckchair canvases – what could be more fitting?!
Another option is the sporty Mobiccol SAIL padded cool bag rucksack which features:
- A 13-litre insulated compartment
- 3 utility pockets
- Padded shoulder straps
24. Portable sun loungers – You could transport all your things for the beach from the car park to the beach or campsite with one of this fantastic beach trolleys.
We hope that our beach holiday packing list has given you some inspiration for handy and fun stuff for the beach.
If you are looking for family-friendly things for the beach, shop the whole collection today!